Delicious Vegan Gingernut Cookies | Recipe And Tutorial
Experience the warmth of nostalgia and the thrill of a spooky twist with my Vegan Gingernut Cookie Recipe—a perfect blend of sweet and spicy for your tea-time indulgence.
Discover the ultimate vegan gingernut biscuit recipe
that's both a nostalgic treat and a spooky twist, perfect for your tea-time cravings
There’s a certain magic in the ritual of brewing a steaming cup of tea and reaching for a crunchy biscuit to accompany it. And if you're a fan of this time-honoured tradition, you're in for a lovely treat! Picture a biscuit that's not just crunchy on the outside, but soft and chewy in the middle, with the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavours—a treat that's truly irresistible. Well, look no further, as we present to you my Vegan Ginger Biscuits, the quintessential companions to your perfect cuppa. But this recipe is more than just a tea time treasure to my family and I, it's a loving tribute and a heart-warming memory of my dear Dad.
Every morning, my dear Dad, who recently passed, would start his day with a couple of gingernut biscuits and a cup of tea. To honour his memory, I set out on a mission to recreate these beloved treats, adding a delightful twist. Thus, these spooky Vegan Ginger Biscuits were born, taking on playful shapes with a special pumpkin cutter—a nod to his spirited presence, especially during our family Halloween parties, where he was the heart and soul of them every year. Today, every batch of these biscuits not only fills the air with a delicious aroma but also brings back the beautiful memories of my Dad. The spooky twist to the recipe makes it a fun activity to do with children over Autumn half term.
- 60g Soft Vegan Butter
- 3 tbsp Dairy-Free Milk
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Light Brown Sugar
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 50g Light Granulated Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper, preparing it for your soon-to-be mouth-watering cookies.
- In a bowl, cream together the soft vegan butter and brown sugar. This is where the magic begins!
- Add the golden syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix them into the butter-sugar goodness. It's all about creating that perfect cookie base.
- Now, sieve the flour and add it to the mix along with the baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Use your hands to blend these ingredients together into a beautiful dough.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of dairy-free milk, and the dough should start coming together. If it's a tad too crumbly, don't fret; just add a dash more milk. Your dough should be thick and deliciously cookie-like.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball. Arrange them evenly on your baking tray.
- Take your light granulated sugar and place it in a separate bowl. Roll each cookie ball in the sugar until they're coated, and then place them back on the baking tray.
- Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand. This step ensures they'll bake perfectly.
- Slide your tray into the oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes (or 15 minutes if you prefer a crunchier biscuit).
- When your cookies emerge from the oven, they'll be warm and soft. That's the moment to introduce the special touch. Using a metal cookie cutter in the shape of a pumpkin, carefully cut out the pumpkin shape from each cookie. You can even emboss them to add more character.
- Allow the cookies to cool and firm up on the baking tray before savouring them with a comforting cuppa.