Easy Vegan Pancakes (How To Recipe)
This week in the Mother of Grom Vegan Kitchen I whisked up these delicious fluffy vegan pancakes from the BBC goodfood website. A huge hit with the groms as prep time is 5 mins and the 16 pancakes serves 4-6.
A firm favourite treat for our kids as they are pancake mad and love that they are so simple, fast and moutherwateringly delicious. With so many alternative toppings why wait until shrove Tuesday?
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (any kind)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 400ml plant-based milk (such as oat, almond or soya)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Alpro Yogurt and Agave Nectar
To serve (other options)
- banana slices, berries, maple syrup, vegan chocolate chips, plant-based yogurt
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a bowl using a balloon whisk until mixed. Slowly pour in the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a little of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp batter into the pan at a time to make small, round pancakes. You will need to do this in batches of two-three at a time. Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges are set, and bubbles are appearing on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 mins until golden on both sides and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve stacked with lots of toppings of your choice, or serve with bowls of toppings for everyone to help themselves.