How To Make A Tassel Garland For Parties And Celebrations - Step By Step Guide
Homemade garlands are a great way to add your own personal touches to your special occasions. Here I have a step by step guide on how to make tassel garlands for indoors and outdoors.
Home made garlands
are a great way to add your own personal touches to your special occasions.
You can make them in your own choice of colours and hang them where ever you think would look best in your venue/home. Tassel garlands are easy peasy to make which is why I thought I’d give you a step by step guide on how to make them. If you want them for outdoor use, a great material to use instead of tissue paper is those cheap plastic table cloths which will make a nice weatherproof one.
What You Will Need To Make Tassel Garlands
1. Take one piece of tissue paper and cut it 6x18 inches.
2. Fold it once lengthways and keep folded. Then fold once widthways and then fold that again widthways.
3. Now cut the tissue into little strips to make your tassels, leave 4 inches at the top un-cut, before you start cutting make sure the top is your folded edge.
4. Now you're going to measure out string and work out home many tassels you will need. I left a 5inch gap in-between each tassel. Make the amount of tassels you will need repeating the above steps.
5. Unfold your tassels one by one. The uncut rectangle should be in the center so the tassels are on either side. It should resemble an octopus, no?
6. Fold in half. Fold again.
7. Keep folding until it’s nice and skinny. (I did chunkier ones for my valentines tassel garland, so folded it until it got to 2inches)
8. Bend the whole thing in half, making a loop. Use sellotape below the loop but above all the tassels.
9. Repeat step 6,7&8 on all of your tassels and then thread the strings through the loops. And that's all there is to it!