How To Make An Odd Sock Easter Bunny - (No Sew) How To Guide
Odd socks galore? Finally, you can hop to it and put them to good use and make this cute Easter bunny craft. Perfect for children, teens, the elderly, or a quiet craft session by yourself. These DIY sock animals are super easy and require no sewing whatsoever!
How to make an Easter Sock Bunny
Happy Spring! Bunny Craft Time! Whether it's an addition to your homes Easter decoration, or a cuddly little gift to give to a loved one this Easter. FINALLY you will be able to use up those odd socks that miraculously go into the washing machine as a pair and come out a lone ranger!
They are not only for Easter celebration, but for all the kids who love bunnies.
In this tutorial I will show you how to make these adorable little bunnies with a simple sock , hair tie/rubber band, some rice, ribbon and a marker. Hopefully this will be your first of many socks craft
What you will need for your DIY bunny
- Odd socks with a bit of an ankle for the ears
- 3 Hair ties or rubber bands
- A scissors
- A marker pen
- A glass/cup
1. Pop your sock inside your glass or cup, pulling the angle part over the rim so the inside is lined with your sock. Does it look like a sock rabbit yet? Thought not.
2. Pour enough rice inside to make a ball shape for the rabbits body. Use on of your ties/bands to tie the top.
3. On top of your tie, pour a bit more rice inside (not as much as the first time) to make another ball shape for the head. Use one of your ties/bands to tie the top of this one.
4. Turn your sock bunny around and gather a really small ball of rice from the body of the rabbit, gather together and put a tie/band around it to make a tail
5. Taking your scissors, trim off the top of the sock leaving enough length for the bunny ears.
6. Cut 2/3 of the way down towards the tie to make two ears
7. Use your scissors to trim the ears into a bunny ear shape
8. Sit your bunny up and with your hands mould the balls of rice into shape.
9. Take your marker pen and draw on your face. I went for the classic Miffy look!
10. Just add a bow around the neck and there you have it, A hip hoppity little bun buns to brighten up your Easter festivities. DIY sock animal success!
Obviously these No Sew sock animals are not strictly limited to Easter Bunnies. Get Creative! Depending on the socks at your disposal, I am certain you could craft every animal known to man (and you could always paint the no sew sock creatures with acrylic paints.) This is one of the few easter crafts for teens that my 5 year old also enjoyed doing.
So I hope your children enjoy it too. If you have any other 'homemade crazy sock ideas' please do let me know as I have 943 more odd socks I need to get rid of ;-)