Tomato Curry, Roast Veg and Turmeric Hummus (How To Recipe)
This week in the Mother of Grom Vegan Kitchen I made the delicious Tomato Curry, Roasted Veg, and Turmeric recipe from the talented Niki Webster's 'Rebel Recipes' website. The tomato curry is super simple to make and is delicious with quinoa & salad. Or like here, on a bed of hummus with some crunchy veg.
As you are well aware, here in the Mother of Grom Vegan Kitchen I like to try as many recipes as I can lay my hands on but I find myself continually coming back to Niki Webster.
I'm obsessed with her amazing recipes on her incredible website 'Rebel Recipes' and this simple tomato curry is one of my favourites. Serves 2. Prep Time 20 Mins / Cooking Time 45 Minutes
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 onions – roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 inch knob ginger – grated
- 5 organic tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 0rganic cauliflower sliced
- 1 head organic fennel sliced
- 2 organic beetroots washed & chopped
- 2 organic peppers – red & yellow sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, black pepper, chilli flakes, cumin seeds.
- 1 can/pack of organic chickpeas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp. organic tahini
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
To make the tomato curry
- Add the coconut oil to a large frying pan and heat to a medium heat. Add in the asafoetida and mustard seeds. When they start to pop add in the cumin seeds and chilli flakes. Stir for a few seconds then add in the onion. Fry for approx 8-10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and stir for another few minutes, then add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a further 5-6 minutes then add 120ml of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
To make the roast veg
- Slice the veg then add to a large baking tray (you may need two), coat in the olive oil, spices, salt & pepper.
- Roast on a medium heat for approx 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Tip the organic chickpeas into your blender.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy (approx 2 minutes), add a little water to loosen.
- Season to taste & add the turmeric and blitz again.
- Layer the hummus, tomato curry and roast veg. Great served with dukkah and scoop up with some flatbreads.